Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First Time Auditions Jocalynn Any True Singers Audition For The First Time In A Musical? Advice?

Any true singers audition for the first time in a musical? Advice? - first time auditions jocalynn

I am a singer who has played in various bands, went solo singing competitions concerts locally and occasionally auditions.
I am interested to go and try my luck at an audition for the musical theater. I consider myself a singer first and foremost, but I noticed when I heard ads that can fit many places in the works / musicals, which require only have low quality, but with a strong voice. I can do a little dance hip-hop and some secondary shares in the school (not), but education. I have a bit of Jennifer Hudson in "Dreamgirls," which is regarded as a singer and that is where your heart is, but it has some music in a theater of the local community in the past. I've never done before, so my question is for singers with experience (3 years) ... Should any of this, a test for music? Do you have advice and tips, pros and cons for singers auditions for musical theater? What are your experiences?

1 comment:

Smirks :0} said...

Well, first I must congratulate would be "out"! I think all musicians who grow exponentially if they are to expand their horizons.
I think from the description that you in your question that you are a singer and are looking for adults in musical theater and theater of the professional world and semi-professional level. I have the school and community musical theater in the last 10 years and a choir of 15 - so my background on the hard side of music theater, and here are my thoughts! (these are the same things I tell my students who are pursuing a career in music or musical theater)
If you listen to a music / s have to do a bit of individual claims and to know what those who can handle both parts of the voice as we see "too." Prepare a song like hearing the songs in the style of character you expect to play more. Think you need to carry out your song by heart and be able to, at least with their eyes and facial expressions. Choose a great song, a musiCal does not accept "and show their best qualities.
Remember to stay there if you have three or four (or more:)) hearings before somewhere, especially when you consider "professional" because there are many people who studied musical theater at the school and is a profession that competition is intense, but a good singer / musician carefully. In addition, you must select the hearings that you qualify for (some are "employment equity", which is the union of stage actors)
However, there is a point of great power and resistance to the reality of the singer and timing, and consistency. Once I improve it again and again and again, again and adjust. I've never had a student who musicals, whose voice has not developed through experience.

Post a Comment